So you have decided you want a pet. What to do…You night ask yourself “How do I even start”. You may or may not have had a pet before so this article will help you make the choices that work best for you.
Which is the best breed for you and your family? Well these questions might help you…..
- Does your lifestyle require an active pet or one that is not full of energy?
- What size of pet do I want?
- How much exercise do you want to give your pet?
- How much time and attention do you want to devote to your pet?
- Where can I find out more about all breeds? Do your research on the internet, there is so much information today about breeds, pros and cons, health issues, etc.
- Don’t buy a puppy cuz it is so cute or looks sweet. Do your research FIRST!
- Research good breeders for your new pet – don’t buy a pet that is unhealthy!
- Make sure you don’t buy from a puppy farm—the environment in most are unbearble.
- Get tips from other owners for the breed you think you want.
- Find out about your puppy’s environment, background and living conditions.
- Take the “breed” puppy quiz :https://www.pedigree.com/getting-a-new-dog/breed-match
- There are other great resources to help you, talk to your neighbors or others who have similar issues and how they chose their pets. Might help.
You can then do more research on dog breeds. Here is some ideas on “best dog breeds”:
- Beagle – a very good hunter and happy-go-lucky temperament
- Biewer Terrier – whose only purpose in life is to love and be loved
- Broholmer – calm and good natured – but larger
- Brussels Griffon – smart, devoted, and comically self-important
- Bulldog – docile, loyal companions adapt well to town or country
These are a few great breeds but again you must define your needs, wants and then make the breed selection.
Happy Pet Hunting!